We are delighted to announce that we are now open for submissions for our upcoming magazine issue, titled “Into the Art of Making”. This issue will explore the creative process, the craft, and the inspiration behind various forms of artistic expression.
We are looking for original and engaging works in the following categories:
– Photography series: We welcome submissions of 5 to 10 images that tell a story, capture a mood, or showcase a style. Please include a brief introduction to your series, as well as captions for each image. Images should be high-resolution and in JPEG format.
– Art: We accept submissions of paintings, drawings, sculptures, collages, or any other visual art form that fits the theme of the issue. Please include a short artist statement and a description of your work. Images should be high-resolution and in JPEG format.
– Essays: We accept essays of up to 3000 words that offer insightful and compelling perspectives on the topic of art and craft in Africa . Please include a title and a word count. Essays should be in DOC format.
– Lists: We accept lists of up to 10 items that are relevant, interesting, and fun to read. Lists can be about anything related to art, craft, creativity, such as tips, resources, inspirations, challenges, etc. Please include a title for your list. Lists should be in DOC format.
Please note that we are not a paying market. However, we offer exposure to a wide and diverse audience of art lovers and enthusiasts. Accepted works will be published in the 4th edition of Kafart’s Revue Magazine, which will be released in November. Selected contributors will receive full acknowledgement and recognition for their work.
- All written submissions should be in English and formatted as a Microsoft Word document (or compatible format), double-spaced, and using a standard font (e.g., Times New Roman, 12pt).
- Photographs and artwork submissions should be in high-resolution JPEG or PNG format.
- For essays and lists, please limit your submission to a maximum of 3,000 words.
- To submit your work, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Into the Art of Making Submission.” Include your name, contact information, and a brief bio (50 words maximum), and attach your submission to the email.
Submission Deadline: September 31st, 2023.
We eagerly anticipate witnessing the diverse interpretations of the art of making.